Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Smryna, TN 37167
Desktop Engineer Job Summary:
Serves as a subject matter expert for onsite end user support. Initially assesses, triages, researches, and resolves complex incident requests regarding the use of application software products and/or end user hardware components. Collects information through constructive customer interaction, utilizing all available support tools, and leveraging other IT support staff resources if needed. Works on PC’ s and Mac’ s. Provides scripting when needed. Performs project management duties at times and works with GPO’ s.
Desktop Engineer Essential Duties:
- Responds to ticket queue, telephone calls, email and personal requests for high level technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution based on defined SLA’ s.
- Installs desktop hardware, software and printers.
- Follows up with customers to ensure incidents are resolved to satisfaction.
- Documents resolutions and updates self-help and team knowledgebase.
- Identifies, evaluates, promotes, and implements customer support best practices.
- Actively identifies areas where processes can be simplified or improved.
- Increases general knowledge of current corporate and facility-specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Builds relationships with other IT teams through frequent engagement.
- Analyzes, solves problems, maintain standards and provides the highest level of support for Windows and MAC Operating Systems and related HW and SW, Workstation Applications – including but not limited to MS Office Suites, virus prevention and miscellaneous 3rd party applications, and advanced troubleshooting of internet connections.
- Administrates and monitors activities related to software licensing and usage.
- Develops “ best practices” for workstation support and maintenance.
- Provides in-depth system and software education to the end user, L1 and L2 Service Desk Analysts.
- Troubleshoots printers.
- Assists remote users with VPN and remote email and network share access.
- Creates a positive customer support experience by building strong relationships through deep problem understanding.
Desktop Engineer Skills:
- Knowledge of organization, operating procedures and policies of the company
- Experience with machine image management.
- Experience PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with Project management.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 to current Windows 10 version
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Advanced level knowledge of numerous anti-virus software and pop up blocker software packages
- Advanced level knowledge of PC and Apple desktops and laptops and remote access support such as Windows Remote Desktop, VNC, etc.
- Strong knowledge of servers (physical & virtual), routers, network switches and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of wireless networking as it relates to user and warehouse hardware components
- Knowledge of troubleshooting local and networked printers
- Strong knowledge of network cabling
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to research and troubleshoot undocumented user incidents online at a senior level
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Ability to engage in active listening with coworkers, management and clients/customers
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards)
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company operating hours
Desktop Engineer Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years experience supporting at least 100+ systems in a large networked environment with workstation maintenance, repair, and installation of Windows or MS Office