Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Desktop Support Technician
Smyrna, TN 37167 US
Desktop Support Technician Job Description:
Provide technical assistance to our clients. You will help install, upgrade, and troubleshoot hardware and software systems. Mac and Windows experience is necessary. You are computer-savvy and enjoy supporting end users. To succeed in this role, you should have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. You should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques. Ultimately, you will ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase client satisfaction.
Desktop Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Install and maintain equipment and software.
- Train new employees to use a company's software and apps
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
- Work with existing vendors to evaluate new technology.
- Respond to ad hoc and urgent requests