Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
DevOps Systems Engineer
5707 Peachtree Parkway Atlanta, GA 30346 US
We are seeking a DevOps Systems Engineer as part of the Global DevSecOps & Engineering team focusing on the engineering of automation, orchestration, and software systems. The DevOps Systems Engineer will play an integral part of the velocity of major systems and development projects. Individuals with strong experience related to Kubernetes (Ideally OpenShift), APIs, CI/CD Gitlab automation platforms and pipelines are ideal for this position.
DevOps Systems Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop automation and CI/CD patterns and solutions to build and deploy within Gitlab pipelines,
- Design and develop automation and CI/CD patterns and solutions to build and deploy VMs, containers, configuration changes, across multiple on-prem and cloud platforms.
- Become a SME for GitLab CI infrastructure. Develop, perform builds, and maintenance of all system components.
- Work with and guide software development teams on systems and software architecture principles, and implementations for repositories, pipelines, and product system design within Kubernetes design principles.
- Develop system, process, administration, and user guides as needed
- Work collaboratively with the design, build, and operational teams to create and deploy automation solutions for hybrid infrastructure environment.
- Own the technical design and decisions for technologies and patterns across multiple platforms as assigned to the team.
- Design, build and be a SME for OpenShift clusters across Cloud and on-premise infrastructures.
- Design and support Linux operating systems for both standard server models, and cluster nodes
- Top 4 skills required are Gitlab, Terraform, Maven Builds, and OpenShift / Kubernetes.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or a related subject or 5+ years’ experience in systems and automata design.
- Experience within financial services, retail, or technology companies.
- Understanding of Kubernetes design principles for cluster systems, orchestration, and accessibility of services. Ideally the candidate will understand microservice design and development methodologies.
- Linux systems design experience a plus but not required.
- Advanced scripting using declarative and imperative languages as needed. (e.g., Python, SQL, Ansible, Terraform).
- Advanced experience with automation platforms: GitLab, Terraform, Ansible
- Understanding of various code build systems within a pipeline (e.g., Maven, dotnet, etc…)
- Major plus is SW Engineering background or degree in Computer Science. New focus on automation workflow within the pipeline.
Meet Your Recruiter
I'm happy to connect with you on your next career challenge. Whatever your needs are, we at Resolution Technologies promise to provide unrivaled quality and service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this position.