508 E Morris St
Job Category: Security Admin Engineer
Job Number: 2779
Security Engineer II
This will be onsite 3 days per week with 2 days remote.
Provide advanced security services for a global business by ensuring the secure operation of in-house computer systems, servers and network connections. Identify and resolve potential security breaches and vulnerabilities.
Network Security Engineer II Responsibilities
- Review and assist in implementing network and system security architectures.
- Ensure acceptable best practices for IS security are identified and integrated into network and system designs and implementations
- Will manage network Appliances including firewalls. (Palo Alto preferred but Cisco Firepower, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, and others considered)
- Maintain and configure security systems, e.g. network and host based Intrusion Prevention Systems, firewalls, VPN connections, vulnerability scanning and other security technologies.
- Must have certified expertise in Windows Active Directory, Cisco Networking, and DNS
- Assist with security and authentication standards and policies working with network, operations and applications engineers to ensure proper implementation.
- Assist in evaluating, planning and implementing new security systems, tools, processes or procedures.
- Assist with monitoring, reporting and responding to security incidents, both intrusive and non-intrusive.
- Ensure proper documentation through internal change control process. Generate access reporting on all supported systems.
- Interact with business customers of IS services with a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the IS department.
- Use verbal and written communications to demonstrate a customer-focused attitude when dealing with customers.
- Escalate security related issues as appropriate to the attention of IS Management to avoid or minimize business impact.
- Provide 3rd level support resolving security problems that are especially difficult to diagnose, such as intermittent problems or those problems involving advanced networking issues.
- Maintain competency and enhance professional growth and development through networking, trade publications, continuing education and conferences.
- Maintain a current knowledge of advances in security administration and advise IS Management of cost-effective improvements in security policy, procedure and software.
- Work closely with IS Management, Support Center personnel and other IS technical and applications staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Network Security Engineer II Certifications and education required:
Network Security Engineer II Competencies
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in a technology or business-related discipline or an Associate's Degree in a technology or business related discipline and at least 4 years IS security experience.
- SSCP, GIAC, Security +, CCNA, or CISSP security certification is desired. Project management skills are considered a plus.
- Must have a technical knowledge of advanced PC diagnostics and advanced networking. Security +, MCSE, CCNA or CCNP certification is required
- In-depth technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments.
- Advanced PC diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Advanced networking experience.
- Must have project experience.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be customer-focused and intent upon providing quality service for the business client.
- Must pay very close attention to detail.
- Must be capable of mentoring junior staff members.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Temporary indirect reporting relationships may exist while working as Project lead. May be require to act in senior role, providing task related advise and direction to junior team members
Meet Your Recruiter