6705 Sugarloaf Pkwy
Job Category: Desktop PC Tech, Network Architect
Job Number: 2786
IT Support Technician (Desktop / Helpdesk L2)
DESKTOP IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Our client who is a well-respected government agency is seeking an experienced IT Support Specialist. This role will provide technical support to internal agency users in person, over the phone, and via remote tools. The right candidate for this role will be highly skilled in troubleshooting, incident resolution, documentation, and possess a track record of providing exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
DESTOP IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DESKTOP IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide day-to-day desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot, and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software (e.g., Windows 10/11, Microsoft Office, various browsers), and application issues in a ticketing system
- Provide user support in person, over the phone, and via remote tools
- Handles all Desktop, PC, tablet, and cell phone user device issues through Microsoft Endpoint Manager, SCCM, and / or Intune.
- Use Microsoft Autopilot to set up, image, and configure new laptops and PC's.
- Respond to user requests in a timely fashion, demonstrating courtesy and respect with customers to ensure complete resolution and satisfaction through appropriate follow-up
- Assist users with information security and privacy questions; provide direction for correct course of action
- Support telecommunication devices and services; provide assistance to users on various vendor wireless networks
- Distribute and review user equipment as required; update inventory asset management systems with assigned equipment; ensure equipment is clean, up-to-date, and operational
- Provide installation and assistance for laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, cell phones, air cards, and other assigned peripherals
- Troubleshoot end-user problems; troubleshoot desktop and network printing problems for various vendor printing devices
- Track problems in tracking system ensuring vendor support and follows through until problem is rectified
- May be asked to train users on IT hardware and software (e.g., laptops, printers, login, email, etc.)
- Create user support documentation and instructions
- Multi-task, prioritize problems, and manage time to ensure timely resolution of incidents
- This individual will work in a team environment and has responsibility for IT support tickets and demonstrates an ability to communicate with agency personnel beyond providing and receiving instructions
- Minimum of 4 years of IT Technical Support; mix of Desktop and Help Desk Support preferred
- Microsoft Tools including but not limited to Microsoft Endpoint Manager, SCCM, Intune, and Autopilot.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience installing, configuring, replacing, and supporting network infrastructure equipment including servers, workstations (Windows/Mac), switches, routers, cabling, VoIP systems, audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Technical expertise should include Windows 10/11, MS Office 365, Active Directory, SCCM, Intune, utilization of GPOs, Enterprise anti-virus solutions, ticketing systems, and Azure
- Proficiency imaging laptop computers (e.g., 20h2, 21h2, 22h2), Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco network, and other authorized desktop applications
- Knowledge and proficiency in Mobile Device Management leveraging Intune including iOS and Android operating systems, Enterprise encryption solutions, Windows PC/laptop management via Active Directory, and related software
- Effective use of ticketing systems to track and document incidents using various ITSM tools
- Highly detailed and process-oriented with advanced troubleshooting, incident resolution, and documentation skills
- Strong time management and teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field required
Meet Your Recruiter