Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Lead Data Engineer
Smryna, TN 37167
Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer Job Description
As a Data Management Applications Lead Engineer, you will lead a group of associates on one or more internal systems, and/or business applications, including the analysis, architecture, design, development, integration, and testing of systems in compliance with development best practices.
Lead Data Engineer Required Qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree or directly related year for year experience
- 8 years’ experience in advanced programming languages
Lead Data Engineer Preferred Skills:
- Hands on coding experience with .Net programming languages
- Microservice architectural design including REST and SOAP Webservice / API development
- Experience with SQL, SQL Server
- Experience with CI/CD deployment environments such as Azure Dev Ops
- Technical expertise across various Data Management middleware technologies areas such as or similar to TIBCO BW integration suite, GoAnywhere MFT, MQ, EMS, Karaf, Elastic Search
- Hands-on configuration experience with API Management and Gateway toolsets a big plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace working environment
- Strong Communication and Problem-Solving Skills, must be proactive and self-managing
Lead Data Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Leads a group of Data Management API/Webservice and ETL application developers; sets direction, monitors, and provides technical oversight to their daily activities and team ceremonies.
- Defines and executes software development integration processes and data management controls based on industry best practices to ensure each development initiative meets user and business requirements on a consistent and repeatable basis.
- Designs, develops and leads others in the development of custom software to meet business and user requirements.
- Provides team production support duties such as leading Root Cause and Corrective/ Preventative Action Initiatives.
- Acts as technical lead and provides application development oversight to help drive Third Party integrations from conception to completion.
- Provides Level of Effort (LOE) estimates in response to product requests and works with the requestor and Data Management manager to refine and prioritize work?.