Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Remote)
Charlotte, NC 28202
Our client who is a leader in providing services and technology for the mortgage and real estate industries is seeking experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriters for full-time, remote positions.
MORTGAGE LOAN UNDERWRITER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Frontline underwriting of mortgage loans (retail, wholesale, jumbo, correspondent) on both a delegated and non-delegated basis.
- Effectively and quickly communicate any areas of concern with a loan file to Client Relationship Managers and be available to discuss with Originator, as necessary.
- Interpret credit policy guidelines and investor guidelines and apply them to specific loans for effective sale in the secondary market.
- Perform required analysis of property appraisal to ensure subject properties meet the company’ s appraisal criteria.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all current underwriting guidelines, federal and state lending laws and have the ability to comprehensively explain all to others within and outside the organization.
- 4+ years of recent experience (within the last 6 months) in frontline underwriting on retail, wholesale, and/or jumbo loans.
- Excellent working knowledge of DU/LP/AUS, FHA Connection and Total Scorecard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience using Encompass is a plus.