3445 Peachtree Rd
Job Category: All IT Skills
Job Number: 2820
Operations IT Lead Job Description:
Operations IT Lead Position Summary:
Seeking a highly motivated technology professional who is looking for a new challenge applying Building Operations skills along with IT Networking to the Smart Building Automation landscape. Candidates should have a growth mindset and be willing to learn new skills in building automation and IT networking and security. We are seeking someone who is excited to help us continue to pioneer best-in-class approaches to secure, scale and centralize building automation system architectures, unlocking the confines of local management to allow for remote management and cloud solutions. We believe that achieving the potential of Smart Buildings requires deep expertise in the realities of the field combined with vision and ambition to get the job done. The ideal candidate must possess strong technical skills in supporting an enterprise-level, multi-vendor, and highly distributed network of sensor and control devices making up the Building Internet of Things (IOT). The candidate will work with Portfolio Management, Development, Solution Vendors, and Building Engineers to identify and mitigate long-term security threats affecting building automation and building networks.
Operation IT Lead: Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist Automation Specialists in developing, building, testing, and commissioning
- building control systems.
- Work with Development in selecting low voltage management systems, integration
- vendors, and structured services for both new and renovation projects.
- Perform and supervise preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify Facility
- Improvement Measures and opportunities.
- Analyze drawings and perform site surveys on controls systems to determine facility
- operational characteristics.
- Support software tools that enable the scalable deployment and management of Smart
- Building control system networks and cloud systems
- Evaluates the designs of large complex systems that communicate outside the building
- using third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, or BACNET.
- Provide service support on existing systems ensuring their proper and efficient
- operation as well as providing ongoing support to the facility’s building engineers.
- Work with Property Management and Vendors to integrate Building access control,
- video surveillance systems, Building fire alarm systems, and Parking control systems.
- Leverage networking skills and experience to perform a “hybrid” engineering work
- spanning telecommunications, device, data, and related IoT technologies.
- Participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Deploy networked devices and cloud platforms securely to safeguard the building and
- the corporate network.
Operations IT Lead Required Skills:
- Experience commissioning semi-complex building systems, especially in the areas of
- HVAC systems and building automation Assist in preparing of as-built drawings and
- Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, network, and wiring drawings.
- Strong understanding of Building Automation Systems, BACNET, BACNET over IP and
- TCP/IP Ethernet communication protocols (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Solid understanding of information technology as it relates to building automation
- including experience collaborating and communicating with other IT personnel,
- experience and know how prescribing reliable, secure communication pathways and
- network subnetting configurations, familiarity, and comprehension of common IT
- devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access point and media converters.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to build relationships with engineering, operations, and security to ensure
- cooperation and trust at the property level.
- Ability to work independently on multiple high priority projects.
- Ability to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects.
- Ability to communicate across non-technical and technical audiences.
- 5+ years of experience in Building Operations Technology (OIT) field, including network
- design, troubleshooting, software updates, data integrity, and ongoing performance
- An associate's technical degree in HVAC or electronics-related studies is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical-related studies is preferred.
- Other technical experience such as military, on-the-job training programs, etc. may
- meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- Certificate in Building Automation Technologies
- Certificate in HVAC Technologies
- CCNA Network Certification
Work involves moderate exposure to elements, such as hot/cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises. The work environment involves moderate exposure to construction hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Moderate physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds and extensive sitting. Some walking and standing. Some travel will be required, including Austin, Nashville, Dallas, Tempe, Tampa, and Charlotte.
Building Automation Systems, BACNET, Building Operation Technology
Meet Your Recruiter