Senior Citrix Engineer
The Senior Citrix Engineer will provide technical leadership in areas of information technology across the infrastructure.
The Senior Citrix Engineer will participate in an advanced engineering and support role within the area of Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp and Citrix Provisioning Server.
This individual will provide escalation support and will coordinate implementation of recommended solutions with operational teams and evaluate the impact of changes across global sites.
This individual will work with project teams to develop plans for mitigating any possible adverse impacts and will be responsible for coordinating testing and approving solutions.
Senior Citrix Engineer Job description:
We are hiring a Senior Citrix Engineer to support a federal program with CMS. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing, implementing, managing, and securing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Netscaler/ADC, and Citrix Cloud systems.
Candidate will be responsible for:
• Deployment and management of Virtual Apps and Desktops environment, NetScaler/ADC, and associated components.
• Assist in analysis, administration and support of Virtual Desktops as well as Virtual Apps solutions.
• Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Environment.
• Serve as mentor for Junior and mid-level Citrix Administrators.
• Required to troubleshoot and work with other technical functional groups and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues related to the Citrix environment.
Senior Citrix Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
Candidate will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Deploy and manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and associated components such as StoreFront, Provisioning Services (PVS), Machine Creation Services (MCS), Director, User Profile Management (UPM), Delivery Controllers (DDC).
• Deploy, configure, and maintain non-persistent Citrix Virtual Desktops environments based on Windows and Server OS to meet business needs.
• Provide support to customers and developers to deliver their applications via Citrix Virtual Apps (published applications)
• Create, test, and maintain golden images utilizing Citrix App Layering technology.
• Design, architect, deploy NetScaler/ADC, to include Gateway, Rewrite/Response Policies, Certificate Management, VIP Configuration, and Traffic Analysis
• Be familiar with Citrix Cloud and its features such as Identity and Access Management (SAML 2.0, Citrix Gateway), Workspace Configuration, etc.
• Buildout Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops in Microsoft Azure and/or AWS.
• Upgrade, patch, and migrate Citrix components as required.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot Citrix site availability and performance issues and engage Citrix support as needed.
• Create and maintain documentation of Citrix processes.
• Troubleshoot end user issues related to Citrix solutions.
• Have knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, TCP/IP, NFS, VMware and related enterprise management systems.
• Interact with other technical teams as needed (Datacom, Firewall, Storage, etc.).
• Participate in change control procedures.
• Participate in on-call rotation
Senior Citrix Engineer Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 8+ years of progressive experience in a Citrix Engineering role within information technology or master’s degree in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Strong engineering experience in designing, implementing, managing, and securing Citrix XenApp and NetScaler systems.
• Strong understanding of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on Citrix Apps and Desktops, PVS/MCS technologies, management of Citrix environment in Azure and on-premises datacenter via Citrix Cloud.
• Strong knowledge of application and desktop virtualization through an assortment of technologies including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
• Strong knowledge of StoreFront, Provisioning Services (PVS), Machine Creation Services (MCS), Director, User Profile Management (UPM), Delivery Controllers (DDC).
• Strong knowledge of App Layering technology.
• Strong knowledge of Citrix NetScaler/ADC.
• Strong knowledge of Citrix Cloud and its components.
• Strong Knowledge of Active Directory Group Policy (GPO) management and Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
• Working knowledge of basic database administration functions.
• Experience in Desktop administration & troubleshooting (Windows OS) as well as Server based Citrix solutions.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).