Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Service Desk Computer Operator
Smyrna, TN 37167 US
Service Desk Computer Operator Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months of computer operations experience or 1 year of College or Technical School in a computer operations-related field
- Degree in Computer Science
- Experience providing customer service for internal clients
- Manages operations print jobs as assigned.
- Conducts weekly IPL of mainframe and iSeries based on provided documentation and thorough training.
- Logs incoming incidents into company ticketing systems during overnight hours. Contacts on-call resources as necessary for critical incidents.
- Monitors systems for successful backups.
- Initiates critical incident bridge calls during overnight hours as necessary.
- Conducts daily walk-throughs of company data center, looking and listening for system visible alerts as well as ensuring data center cleanliness.
- Maintains physical security of data center, allowing only those with approved badge access and coordinating access to those who do not as required.