Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Software Engineering Manager
336 Fourth Ave , Suite 7 Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Software Engineering Manager
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
· The Manager, Software Engineering leads a software engineer team that creates the software solutions that align with the company’ s technical vision for improving access to patients.
· As such, this position will have end-to-end technical ownership of a product including resource management and allocation and overall project management responsibilities.
· This position will help drive process improvements and ensure the highest quality of service while also maintaining the deployment pipeline.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead team through the continuous design and development for the company’ s software product(s).
- Maintain current awareness of marketplace trends related to ongoing process improvements in software engineering and lead process definition and process improvement related to software engineering processes.
- Oversee resource development ensuring that resources are best utilized. Train and mentor current staff.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER EDUCATION
- Bachelor’ s in computer information technology, computer science, management systems or related discipline required; Master’ s preferred
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years professional experience in software development including design and implementation with prior experience leading software engineering teams, experience in the health care industry preferred.
- 5+ years familiarity with developing software as a service (SaaS) using Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure with prior experience with cloud-based software development and deployment.
- 5+ years of version control systems and continuous integrations systems such as Jenkins.
- 2+ year of Project management experience.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER SKILLS
- Strong understanding and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles. Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence senior management.
- Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships both internally and with customers.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical training deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.