Solutions Architect Job Summary:
We are looking to hire a Solution Architect for our Surgical Smart Solutions to lead the technical vision and design decisions for our cutting-edge medical device software and a next-gen health care delivery platform.
Our Surgical Smart Solutions team is responsible for building the cloud-based Digital Health Solutions (DHS) platform. This includes user-centric solutions that help eye care professionals operate with greater efficiency, flexibility, and accuracy.
You will be the visionary force behind our technical solutions and guide on technical design and requirements while working on exciting ideas with our product teams and interacting with leaders across the business. We are a new and fast-growing team which will give you the opportunity to shape our ways of working and culture - think start-up, but inside a global leader in eye care.
Solutions Architect Key Responsibilities:
• Design the overall technical architecture of surgical smart solutions with the help of the product lead, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and technical leaders
• Constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid to challenge the status quo
• Develop proof-of-concept solutions, architectural diagrams, and specifications in response to business needs, and align technical stakeholders
• Responsible for technical design and infrastructure / environments strategy, including deployments, ensuring that these are kept in-line with an MVP mindset of 'emerging architecture'
• Define standards and guide technical teams on technology strategy related to coding quality standards, continuous integration, an automated deployment
• Write technical documentation and effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals, and ideas
• Collaborate with Product Managers to align product roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack, and share responsibility for building reusable and scalable components
• Participate in design and sprint reviews to identify and remove technical impediments, shape the trajectory of our products, and improve patient outcomes
Solutions Architect Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of professional experience (or high school and 13 yrs; or Assoc. and 9yrs; or M.S. and 7yrs; or PhD and 5 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand, and communicate in English
Solutions Architect Preferred Experience:
For this role, we are looking for someone that is …
• Experienced: 10 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years of leadership experience responsible for the delivery on multiple concurrent projects
• Comfortable working in SaaS and cloud native environments, container, and virtualization technologies (VM, Docker, Kubernetes), etc., with ability to design, deploy, and manage cloud-based solutions and deep understanding of cloud computing technologies/platforms (AWS)
• Proficiency in multiple programming languages (e.g., Java, Python), application frameworks (django, WildFly, Spring/SpringBoot), and software development methodologies
• Ability to make architecture design decisions at a team, product, and ecosystem level
• Familiar with entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Development, DevOps (e.g., CI/CD processes), and Scrum
• Experience with modern front-end frameworks (AngularJS, React, etc.) and developing responsive SPAs using web frameworks
• Collaborative: An open and respectful leader, that enjoys working in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment; able to respect other points of view and put the good of the organization ahead of personal interests.
• Creative: Willing to challenge the status quo; able to understand when and how to take appropriate risks to drive performance. Excited about piloting new technology solutions to continuously improve the tech stack
• A good communicator: Strong communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and aligning leaders on complex technical decisions
• Healthcare interested/experienced: Experience (or interest) in developing solutions for healthcare and knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards like HL7, FHIR, and DICOM.