Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Data Engineer
336 Fourth Ave , Suite 7 Pittsburgh, PA 15222
SR. DATA ENGINEER
SR. DATA ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
A Data Engineer III is responsible for coding and continuous testing of complex modules and applications in support of the company’ s platform. This person will also be charged with understanding and the interpretation of requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and related design documents.
SR. DATA ENGINEER PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in the data access layer in accordance with company standards.
- As an agile team member, participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Provide mentorship and support for junior level engineers
SR. DATA ENGINEER EDUCATION
- Bachelor' s computer information technology, computer science, management required
- Master' s preferred
SR. DATA ENGINEER EXPERIENCE
- 5-7+ years of experience in a cloud computing environment.
- Familiarity and strong understanding of working in the Linux operating environment.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles preferred.
? SR. DATA ENGINEER SKILLS
- 7+ years of developing software using object-oriented or functional language experience
- 5+ years of SQL
- 7+ years working with open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc.) or commercial open source Big Data technology stacks (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- 3+ years with document databases (e.g. MongoDB, Accumulo, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- 2+ years of distributed version control system (e.g. git)
- 3+ years of experience in cloud-based development and delivery
- Familiarity with distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
- Familiarity with continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiarity with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
- Good software development and Object Oriented programming skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.
Meet Your Recruiter
I look forward to connecting with you on your next career challenge! Whatever your needs are, we at Resolution Technologies promise to provide unrivaled quality and service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this position.