Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Network Engineer (REMOTE)
1117 Perimeter Center West, Suite W406 Sandy Springs, GA 30328 US
Sr. Network Engineer Job Summary
We are looking for a Network Engineer to support existing Cisco infrastructures in two Data Centers in the Midwest. The infrastructures have been in place for 5+ years and require typical steady state support of the assets and routing within the two DCs. Your primary responsibility will be maintaining and providing insight to upgrades, patching and refreshes in the two facilities. The position is remote based and you will have access to resources at the two Data Centers.
Sr. Network Engineer Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee configuration and installation of various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, Wireless Devices)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Provide input into security tools, policies, and procedures from a networking perspective
- Work with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- No travel required
- 5+ years of hands-on network engineering experience CCNP or higher.
- Deep understanding of networking communications (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, GRE)
- Preferred vendors: Cisco, Brocade, Aruba Wireless, SolarWinds, Scrutinizer
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Solid understanding of VOIP communications
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field and 5 years of technical related experience or a minimum of 7 years of technical experience