Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Software Engineer (SE III)
336 Fourth Ave , Suite 7 Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Sr. Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for coding and testing of all modules and applications that are part of the company’ s proprietary Platform. This position will push the envelope to deliver highly automated and intelligent solutions that are redefining what is possible for all clients. This role is also seen as a mentor and educator to apprentice/journeyman engineering positions throughout the development and quality assurance team.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Writing, debugging, unit testing and performance test code in all applications layers, including front end (Web), middle layer (Web Services), and data access layers in accordance with company standards.
- As an agile team member, lead and conduct code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors. See as the subject matter expert.
- Assists in the development and training of Junior and Mid-Level Software Engineers.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER EDUCATION
- Bachelor' s in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Systems or related discipline.
- Master' s Degree preferred
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience in all areas of application development including at least five years building commercial grade applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with n-tier, enterprise-scalable, distributed application environments.
- Experience with source code version control and the coordination/synchronization of multiple active branches.
- Experience incorporating third party components and frameworks.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles.
- Experience with Relational Databases and Document databases.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER SKILLS
- Expert level skills in in an Object Oriented language (ex: Java, C#), REST API.
- Expert level skills with Database Technologies.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and common network topologies.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design (classes, constructors, interfaces, properties, methods and events).
- Solid application development skills across the full stack.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.