Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Windows Systems Engineer Operations (Remote)
212 King Street West , Suite 400 Toronto, ON M5H 1K5 CA
Sr. Windows Systems Engineer Operations (REMOTE)
***Primarily remote but will need to be local as they may need to go into the data center in Toronto due to hardware changes, outages, and configuration changes.***
We are currently looking to hire a Sr. Windows Systems Manager within our Corporate Overhead division. This position falls under our Corp HQ line of business and is remote in the Toronto area. In this role, you will Engineer and manage Windows-based infrastructure solutions, deployments, and upgrades. Troubleshoot technical issues across multiple data centers. You will report directly to the Director and regularly collaborate with Operations, Database Management, and Product Development teams.
As a Sr. Windows System Engineer, you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. we will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in a home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Monthly home internet stipend
Sr. Windows Systems Engineer Operations Role Responsibilities
Monitor and maintain Windows server platforms, Azure and Active Directory. Build physical and virtual servers and systems according to specifications. Work with Operations, Database Management, and Product Development teams on project deployments and technical resolutions. Participate in a team on-call rotation for Tier 3 technical Windows infrastructure escalation. Perform other job-related responsibilities as required.
Sr. Windows Systems Engineer Operations Qualifications & Skills
- Active Directory – (Site Topology, DNS, Enterprise CA and AD Design Skills) Consolidation of Active Directory Forests and domains
- Exchange 2016 / 2013 / O365 email systems and relationships
- Windows Server: 2022, 2016 2019, 2012, 2008
- Windows Infrastructure and Domain Administration: DNS, DHCP, Account Management, Group Policy
- VMware ESX 6.0/6.5
- MS Exchange Engineering and Administration
- Web Server – IIS Administration
- Microsoft Clustering skills – SQL Server Always On MSCS
- DFS (file sharing)
- Understanding of system architecture: storage solutions, network topologies, security best practice, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Project management (this is not a project manager position)
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
- Work well both alone or in a team setting
- Bachelor’ s degree in technical field and 5 years of Senior Windows technical experience or a minimum of 10+ years of Senior Windows technical experience.
- Someone who can access using MS assessment services and implementing the recommendations and optimization
- Can come in and assess the environment
- Set up different deliverables
- Improving the environment but keep it running operational
Meet Your Recruiter
I'm happy to connect with you on your next career challenge. Whatever your needs are, we at Resolution Technologies promise to provide unrivaled quality and service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this position.