3280 Peachtree Rd Suite 2400
Job Category: Salesforce
Job Number: 2778
Technical Product Owner – Salesforce
As Technical Product Owner for Salesforce IT team, working hand in hand with stakeholders and partners throughout the entire Cloud development lifecycle is key, with a focus on requirements and gathering and storying writing. Along with management of the intake process. The main activities of the role are:
- To define the Product or BAU Backlog and Roadmap for the nominated products.
- Set a clear vision and Release Plan for the products
- Constant prioritization of the Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority
- Define appropriate product Release Date and Content
- Actively manage internal and external partners
- Accept or reject the product teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
- Provide regular reporting including product scope, schedule and planning
- Works closely with business stakeholders and SMEs to perform analysis including gap analysis on internal systems and processes as well as integrations
- Collaborates with business teams to write user stories and acceptance criteria for new application features and facilitates backlog prioritization sessions.
- Assists with test plan creation and performs testing, as needed.
Technical Product Owner – Salesforce Key accountabilities and tasks are:
Technical Product Owner – Salesforce Product Vision and Backlog Management
- Working with the product team to provide clear vision, direction and priority of the Product Backlog
- Manage / Provide the Sprint Schedule
- Coordinate with project managers and application development managers on projects with overlapping impact and scope and identifies risks and mitigation strategies
- Research system issues and works with the technical team to resolve the problem, document the troubleshooting steps, and train support team for future incident handling
- Act as a liaison between departmental end users and end customers, developers, and consultants to facilitate the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems.
Technical Product Owner – Salesforce Customer Satisfaction
- Provide the team with clear information on whom the current and potential customers are, as well as the how, why, when, and with whom they use the product
- Establish open lines of communication with customers in order to bridge the relationship between IT and customers.
- Ensure team is developing products that meet or exceed end user expectations
- Be on call for urgent issues reported by the business and be the liaison between Business and IT
Technical Product Owner – Salesforce Product Roadmap
- Develop the product roadmap to deliver the agreed products in line with business strategy and product management
- Communicate the roadmap and technology vision with the Teams
- Provide weekly status updates to management on each product across the platforms
- Facilitate knowledge transfer within the team alongside encouraging and mentoring a culture of knowledge exchange
Technical Product Owner – Salesforce What You Need
Technical Product Owner – Salesforce Nice to have
- Bachelors degree in various fields of study are applicable. Computer Science, Engineering, marketing, project management or equivalent experience
- 5+ experience in a product owner or equivalent role
- Domain knowledge of Sales and Service processes
- Exposure to Salesforce services and products
- Ability to set and balance priorities efficiently.
- Ability to advocate for partners and ensure efficiencies of implementation across departments
- Some knowledge of software development lifecycles SDLC and activities.
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Positive relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organization.
- Strong technology background with experience interacting with end users
- Experience in design, testing and deployment of systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and function in a highly dynamic environment
- Salesforce Sales cloud or Administrator certification.