Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Technical Support Lead
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SE , 754 East Tower Atlanta, GA 30303 US
TECHNICAL SUPPORT LEAD CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Our client who is a highly respected government agency seeks an experienced Technical Support Lead for their Service Desk team. The right candidate for this role will possess current hands-on technical experience across a wide range of IT areas including but not limited to systems, networking, computer hardware and software, phone systems, VoIP, MDM, audio/visual equipment, and more. As the senior most technical person on the IT support team you will act as the primary point of escalation for incoming queries and issues, assign Level 2/3 tasks to other team members as appropriate, perform hands-on technical support, and exhibit both exceptional leadership and technical skills.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT LEAD JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary escalation point for incoming queries and technical issues.
- As the primary Senior Technical Lead, escalates Level 2/3 tasks and assigns to team members as appropriate based on priorities.
- Rollout of the different Windows operating images to all the end point devices using tools such as SCCM/Intune and support to resolve any issues.
- Establishes QA Processes for any changes made to systems and devices.
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and technical issues related to systems, networking, phone systems, audio/visual equipment, computer software (e.g., Windows 10, Microsoft Office, various browsers), hardware, etc.
- Effectively provides user support over the phone, in person, and via remote tools.
- Responds to user requests promptly, demonstrating courtesy and respect for customers to ensure complete problem resolution and satisfaction through appropriate follow-up.
- Assists users with information security and privacy questions; provides directions for the correct action.
- Supports telecommunication devices and services; assists users on various vendor wireless networks and telephony.
- Distributes and reviews user equipment as required; updates inventory asset management systems with assigned equipment; ensures equipment is clean, up-to-date, and operational.
- Provides installation and assistance for laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, cell phones, air cards, landlines, networks, and other assigned peripherals.
- Troubleshoots end-user problems; troubleshoots desktop and network printing problems for various vendor printing devices.
- May be asked to train users on IT hardware and software (e.g., laptops, printers, login, email, etc.)
- Creates user support documentation and instructions.
- Multi-task, prioritize problems, and manage time to ensure the timely resolution of incidents.
- This individual will work in a team environment, is responsible for IT support and Telcom tickets, and demonstrates an ability to communicate with agency personnel beyond providing and receiving instructions.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of IT technical support
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience installing, configuring, replacing, and supporting network infrastructure equipment, including servers, workstations (Windows/Mac), switches, routers, cabling, VoIP systems, audio/visual equipment etc.
- Technical expertise should include Windows 10/11, MS Office 365, Active Directory, SCCM, Intune, utilization of GPOs, Enterprise anti-virus solutions, ticketing systems, and Azure.
- Proficiency imaging laptop computers with 20h2, 21h2, 22h2, Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco network, and other authorized desktop applications.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Mobile Device Management leveraging Intune including iOS and Android operating systems, Enterprise encryption solutions, Windows PC/laptop management via Active Directory, and related software.
- Ability to work off-hours and weekends when required for projects or emergency support.
- Effective use of ticketing systems to track and document incidents using various ITSM tools.
- Highly detailed and process-oriented with advanced troubleshooting, incident resolution, and documentation skills.
- Strong team leadership, time management, and coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field required.
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and/or similar certifications strongly preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
I'm happy to connect with you on your next career challenge. Whatever your needs are, we at Resolution Technologies promise to provide unrivaled quality and service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this position.