Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
VMware NSX Virtualization Network Engineer (REMOTE)
864 Spring St NW Atlanta, GA 30308 US
VMware NSX Virtualization Network Engineer Job Description
As a professional VMware NSX Engineer, they should know about SDN, Hybrid network services, NSX development and operations, and Public Cloud services
- Analyze client's existing application and network infrastructure, design target state architecture using cloud networking architecture best practices, develop a plan to achieve target state, and then perform hands-on work to deliver target state.
VMware NSX Virtualization Network Engineer Top Skills
- VMware NSX Engineer.
- NSX-V to NSX-T migrations.
- VCP-NV and VCP-DCV certifications are nice to have.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with design, configuration, and management of networking virtualization solutions.
- Prior work experience with VMware products and networking solutions.
- Prior work experience with troubleshooting networking issues (L2-L7) Innovative debugging skills.
- Experience with NSX-V to NSX-T migrations.
- Experience with architecting NSX-T with Cisco ACI.
- Analyze requirements, develop automated tests and test strategies to cover the Functional aspects, and track defects for the NSX platform.
- Experience with VMware Products, like VMware Cloud on AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX, VxRail.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience and qualifications.
- VCP-NV and VCP-DCV certifications are nice to have, not must.
Proven experience in designing, deploying and managing VMware NSX deployments.
Demonstrated experience with network overlay technologies like VXLAN, OTV and EVPN/BGP.
Experience with Spine-Leaf (Clos) network topologies and popular switching hardware designed for use in these types of environments.
VMware NSX Virtualization Network Engineer Preferred Qualifications
- Ideal candidates will have a background in Data Center Network Architecture/Design, Network Security, and Virtualization in the context of a private/hybrid cloud environment.
- Strong Knowledge of L3 and L2 Protocols (TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IPv4/IPv6, STP, VLTP, LACP) and Forwarding Strong understanding of L2 and L3 networks, VLANs.
- Strong understanding of WAN Networking troubleshooting / debugging - e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, traceroute, route, netstat.
- Working background with Data Center LAN technologies - fabric switching, Load balancing, DNS/DHCP, zoning and segmentation.
- Understanding of Docker containers, K8s clusters/pods, and their networking as it relates to NSX.
- Knowledge/experience with DNS, Load balancers, ideally AVI Load balancers.
- Expertise in routing protocols IGP/BGP and traffic engineering.
- Well versed in Datacenter Networking and Software Defined Data Center.
- Prior experience in Automation/Python scripting.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM, and Oracle.
- Knowledge of Agile development process from system build through deployment.
- Experience with other VMware products like vRealize Network Insight, vRealize Automation, etc.
- Collaborate with client teams to assess current architecture, design the future network architecture and develop a roadmap to implement.
- Support Distributed Cloud team to integrate analytical capabilities into an overall cloud architecture and business case development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Network components and concepts such as:
Virtual networking components such as NSX Edge Appliances, distributed firewall, distributed logical router, distributed and standard virtual switches, Nexus 1000V, CSR 1000v and ASA 1000v.
L3 Routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF & IS-IS.
VLAN, VXLAN, VPN, Unicast vs BUM traffic flows, IP Subnetting and other network design
Meet Your Recruiter
I'm happy to connect with you on your next career challenge. Whatever your needs are, we at Resolution Technologies promise to provide unrivaled quality and service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this position.