Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
VMware vSphere Virtualization Engineer (HYBRID)
864 Spring St NW Atlanta, GA 30308 US
***This will be an onsite 1-2 days per week in Midtown Atlanta area if local. Will consider REMOTE candidates not local as well if you can work EST.***
VMware vSphere Virtualization Engineer Job Description
As a professional VMware vSphere Engineer, you will be responsible for upgrading our VMware vSphere environment to 7x.
The Virtualization Engineer primary role will be supporting our Data Center VM platform that includes VMware vCenter, ESXi, NSX, Cisco UCS blades/chassis. The Engineer will act as a subject matter expert by configuring and managing the highly virtualized environment in the data center. The role will include the operational support for some of our most business-critical infrastructure and servers. The Engineer will also play a key role in the design engineering, operational support and maintenance of the VMware environment.
VMware vSphere Virtualization Engineer Top Skills
- Intermediate VMware vSphere 6.5/6.7/7.X experience including upgrading large enterprise environments.
- Required skills: vSphere 6.5/6.7/7X, vCenter
- VCP-NV and VCP-DCV certifications are nice to have.
VMware VSphere Virtualization Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Provide planning, and advanced technical expertise regarding computer and Virtualization services for both local and geographically diverse Virtualization locations, including acting as a liaison to outsourced Virtualization providers both internal to our company and 3rd party vendors.
- Provided advanced troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance of complex systems, including assistance to customer technical resources.
- Assess need for any Virtualization reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them as required in accordance with change control policy.
- Coordinate Virtualization related implementation activities across various functional groups to help prioritize and schedule appropriate resources.
- Partners with the business in planning, executing technical tasks such as conversions, interfaces, integration, issue resolution, and installation.
- Provides technical project management assuring that the milestones for the project are being met through mentoring internal and customers' technical resources on the project.
- Responsible for understanding future product strategy/direction as it relates to Virtualization and apply towards solutions development and ongoing product lifecycle.
- Evaluates project for process improvements and makes recommendations in continuous quality improvement and leads the implementation of process changes and quality improvement initiatives.
- Provides recommendations on the process improvements related to implementation processes and leads the efforts to create improvements
- Provides mentoring and knowledge transfer to other Virtualization engineers, as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Support VMware vSphere 7.x environment.
- Administer storage pools and storage policies for virtual environment and physical servers.
- Carefully follows and employs change control procedures.
VMware vSphere Virtualization Engineer Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (BS or BA) or equivalent Experience
- 10+ work experience in an Enterprise Virtualization Environment.
- Communication is a key attribute. Candidate must be able to communicate and support multiple teams and able to coordinate/communicate with others.
- Understanding backup solutions and DR scenarios.
- Management of monitoring tools like Solarwinds and automation of tasks.
- Ability to provision storage to physical and virtual servers using FC and NFS
- Experience configuring, zoning, and troubleshooting FC fabric
- vSphere, Linux, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022 administration and implementation using both local and SAN attached storage
- vSphere 7.x administration and troubleshooting including Datastore Clusters, HA, DRS, and Distributed Switches.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Ability to document installation procedures and create high level diagrams using Visio
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism
- Good understanding of ITIL processes for Change Management and Service Desk
Virtualization Engineer Certifications/Licensure
- VMWare Certifications a major plus