Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Vice President, Infrastructure Project Management
5707 Peachtree Parkway Atlanta, GA 30346 US
VP of IT Project Management Job Responsibilities:
- Key leadership role is charged with improving the consistency, predictability, and efficiency of Global project delivery capability and capacity.
- Responsible for the success of Global technical projects from concept to implementation; Will lead project management initiatives dealing with Windows, UNIX, Networks, Databases, Storage & Backups, Security, Application and Cloud technologies.
- Leads the identification, implementation, and improvement of project management processes, methods, tools, practices, standards, and a maturity roadmap to establish a scalable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to achieve higher maturity in portfolio program management.
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting of all relevant milestones.
- Develops and drives project management best practices and standards that will improve productivity, efficiency, and investment decision-making to realize targeted business outcomes.
- Build, develop and oversee a team of project delivery professionals and develop and implement comprehensive PMO strategies, policies, and processes to support the functional infrastructure; this role will build and lead the PMO team.
- Work with cross function organization teams to ensure the coordination of resources for technology projects and that all services have needed information regarding the implementation of technology.
- Collaborate with lines of business (LOBs), regional CIOs and delivery managers to define scope, plan, prioritize, and develop projects.
- Work with the project teams to identify and resolve issues around project related items that potentially jeopardize any of the project dates identified.
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate cross functional problem solving across the company and impacted operational domains to optimize execution.
- Lead effective management of the project management triple constraint (scope, schedule, budget) and proactive identification and management of project risks and issues.
- Assist in forming program governance and in creating program governance tools and processes; drive the execution of the program accordingly and contribute to improvements.
- Accountable to ensure Delivery Managers adhere to the defined process and decision framework (i.e. governance) of regular cadence of executive reviews, stakeholder reporting, program metrics, risk mitigation and overall performance management throughout portfolio.
- Engage senior IT leadership and lines of business management teams as a trusted advisor to define the PMO mission, goals, operating model, process flow, roles/responsibilities, governance and decision criteria that align with corporate strategic priorities.
- Define, manage and direct the needed end-to-end PMO work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases.
- Plans change management tasks required for the organization to accept, adapt, and support initiatives, including effective communication, adequate training, and documentation.
- Leads resource capacity planning and allocation for projects so expectations are clear, requirements are defined, risks are identified, and appropriate levels of support are provided.
- Leads the development and maintenance of project dashboards and PMO reports to communicate project status, issues, and outcomes, ensuring completeness of the needed data.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field or commensurate work experience; master’s degree strongly preferred
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Big 4 Consulting background strongly preferred.
- Office based position required to collaborate with senior executive and leadership team
- ITIL certification preferred.
- 20+ years of project management or IT Management experience
- 15+ years’ experience leading a team of IT Delivery Managers (Project & Program Managers) in a PMO or consulting practice.
- Experience moving IT operations & applications to the Cloud. AWS and Azure is preferred.
- Substantial project management experience dealing with Windows, UNIX, Networks, Databases, Storage & Backups, Security and Cloud infrastructure.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; sound judgement and the ability to work under time pressures
- Excellent technology skills, including the use project management, database management, Office 365 including Word and PowerPoint, ServiceNow software.
- Highly collaborative and solution-oriented with a flexible mindset that can pivot to competing LOB priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically and influence business decisions using appropriate, fact-based financial information
- Strong written and oral communications skills at all levels, from technical analyst to senior business leadership
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and a collaborative, teaming environment within and across functional organizations
- Ability to apply sound judgment to day-to-day and annual planning processes
- Independent with ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision
- Relies on a process and teamwork-oriented approach to accomplish objectives
- Exhibits confident, self-directed leadership in a complex & dynamic environment
- Ensuring all teams are aligned toward successful delivery: on-time, within scope and high quality.
- Leading with influence both strategic and time critical operational activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive stakeholders as well as attention to details of the day-to-day tactical activities of an individual project team.
The ideal candidate will need to bring a mix of hard and soft skills in order to ensure his/her success.
Given the scope of contribution of this role, it will be imperative that qualified candidates bring experience in the large consulting firms. A background including B2B services, transaction / payment processing, and credit card services would be strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates will have a background and comfort level working with diverse systems. He/She will bring an appetite for keeping current with new technology solutions, and be incredibly passionate about solving business problems through the use of technology.
This person will need to bring a track record of hands-on, ‘doing’ – being personally responsible for the strategy, execution and success of systems that have been global in nature and have impacted the bottom-line efficiency and success of an organization. Ideally, qualified candidates will have an experience base that involves multi-national Infrastructure & software development.
This ‘doing’ will very likely include and require travel, both domestically and internationally, which could fluctuate depending on areas of business focus, acquisition due diligence, etc.
He/She will know how to quickly craft a written proposal and solution strategy, in addition to being comfortable with the responsibility of the hands-on execution work involved. In addition, qualified candidates will bring executive level communication, decision, and presentation skills with all levels of global business management.
This should be an individual with a sense of both independence and urgency. He/She should have a solid background of autonomy and seeing initiatives through from beginning to end, with business impact and ROI defined. Our culture is fast-paced and dynamic. Someone who is looking for a lean, swift moving environment will be a good match. Additionally, someone looking for an army of support and a great deal of hand holding will not likely be the best fit.
This position will require an individual who is very comfortable operating in a global environment with a company that is experiencing growth both organically and through acquisitions. This will require a high degree of interpersonal and influencing skills and an ability to work cross-culturally to improve collaboration within IT at the global level.
Meet Your Recruiter
I'm happy to connect with you on your next career challenge. Whatever your needs are, we at Resolution Technologies promise to provide unrivaled quality and service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this position.